Saturday, October 07, 2006

Music Time

Lately Caley has really liked singing songs, especially before bed. She has been requesting "If You're Happy and You Know It," "Jesus Loves Me" and "The Wheels on the Bus." She even does the hand motions! We have a playgroup on Friday mornings with some kids her age and she loves to sing with everyone. It's amazing how much she picks up. I think because I'm used to working with older students who do less than Caley I forget what a typically developing kid can do.

Tonight was momentous because she finally fell asleep in her bed by herself without multiple "reminders" from Mommy and Daddy. She cried for about 20 minutes (with varying intensity), but eventually put herself back in her bed and zonked out. Before I left the room we read some books, sang a few songs, and prayed, and after about 3 minutes the crying marathon began. I felt like such a horrible mother listening to her, but I know it's for the best.

Also today she spent about 5 hours with Uncle JR while Jennie and I went garage sailing (our favorite pasttime) and Bill worked on the remodel. They had a fun time watching Veggie Tales, reading books, drawing with the MagnaDoodle and opening/closing the microwave. It was nice practice for when he's a Daddy. Thanks JR!

No comments: