Friday, June 12, 2009

Running and Gardening


Today was a wonderful day. My mom was here and instead of taking just Caley back to Astoria for a few days, she took Amelia too at Caley's request. I know by Monday I'll probably cry because I miss them, but I very much enjoyed the afternoon off today. It was so peaceful. I think it's healthy to have time away from the kids, but I'm glad I get to spend almost every day with them.

This afternoon I went running at Edmonds beach. It was beautiful weather and the salty smell of the water perfectly complimented the scenery of the beach and ferry. I love running. It's so uplifting. When I'm running I feel free, strong, healthy, and I can get lost in my thoughts behind the cool music. Today I listened to "Lifter" from Podrunner. It's my favorite track. About 45 minutes in there is the best music and I always get a big smile on my face while running to that part. I can't even describe it.

After running I got some new plants for the garden, zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, lettuce, and kale (seeds). I made a few more stops before home, and even then it was only 2:30. Usually if I need to stop somewhere it takes like 4 hours with getting the kids in and out of the car over and over.

I got home and planted the new plants. Here's what my garden looks like now. We have had a steady stream of spinach, red and green lettuce, and radishes the last few weeks. I'm very much looking forward to the sugar peas and tomatoes now. When the radishes are done, I hope to plant some more late summer crops.



Thank you Jesus for helpful parents who give us a break now and then. Thank you for your provision. Thank you for blessing us with the gift of children.

I'll leave you with a little surprise...a new widget to your right! :)

1 comment:

kim w. said...

Just reading this post makes me feel more relaxed! I hear ya on having help of parents/grandparents....so wonderful!