Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year

I love this day, and the fresh new beginning that will be tomorrow morning. I am ready to start 2012 great. 2011 was, honestly, a difficult year with unexpected hardships, but beautiful-beyond-words blessings. But God, in His infinite wisdom, knows better than we humans and used the hard times for His glory. I sit here a much richer woman than I was one year ago. And that statement has nothing to do with money. I am rich in blessings beyond my dreams, not at all by my own effort. By Jesus' good grace our family has grown in size and wisdom. Hopefully Bill and I are better parents and spouses than we were a year ago. And our children hopefully understand Jesus better today than a year ago.

Looking forward to 2012, I hope I can grow just as much as I did in 2011. Growth in faith and wisdom, patience and love toward my family and friends. I hope God will grow me to be a better wife, mother and friend. And that He would help me grow to know and love Him better.

I pray that God would make me bold in declaring His truth! I pray that God would make me tender in how I respond to my children when I am frustrated. I pray that God would make me intentional in how I spend my time.

Before I sign off in 2011, I will leave you with a recent sermon from our church. When God asks, "Where are you," how will you respond?



Happy New Year!

No comments: