Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Ode to the Peugeot


We've been driving my parent's 1984 Peugeot 604 Turbo Diesel for the past few weeks because the Jeep is having problems. This car was my first and driving it around has been like traveling through time back to high school. Except I'm not driving my friends to soccer practice, I'm ferrying Caley around town. This car is pretty nice, considering it's age. However, there isn't a handle on the stick shift (just duct tape, which works well), the left passenger door doesn't open, it smokes up the entire block when it starts in the morning, and oh, the odometer says it has 511,000 miles on it. Bill and I were talking about getting a new car and he said he wants something with like 15K miles on it, because once a car gets past 150 or so, it starts to go downhill. I was a little confused and said, "But the Peugeot has 511K on it and it's running fine!" No, he said, that's just a glitch on the odometer. Shows you how much I know about cars...

It's been fun driving the Peugeot though! Let me know if you ever need a ride.

No comments: