Tuesday, March 25, 2008

7 Years





As of today, Bill and I have been an official couple for seven years. Seven years ago I was all of 19 years old, a freshman in college and totally unaware of what God had planned for my life. Saying yes to Bill's question, written in magnetic poetry, "Will you go out with me" was the best decision ever.


This past weekend was great. Saturday we went skiing at Snoqualmie with some friends, and my dear friend Karina watched the kids all day. I love skiing, and had forgotten how much fun it is. We haven't been skiiing in 3 years, since a time before kids and all this stuff called life and parenthood. The whole day was like a much-needed and hopefully deserved sabbath for us. We got caught in traffic on the way home and I didn't even really mind because it meant more time away from reality. We picked up the kids and Caley fell asleep on the drive home and went straight to bed. We cooked some pizza, watched TV, and then took a hot tub. It was a nearly perfect day.


Sunday was Easter. At church there were some baptisms and an awesome message. There were also "spontaneous" baptisms for people who just felt the Spirit calling them to it, and our friends Rachael and Anson got baptized. That was amazing too, just seeing Jesus work so wonderfully.


Seven years ago I had a rough plan of my life, and to be honest it didn't look like this. But the way it's worked out is so much better than I ever could have planned. Maybe I should just stop planning in general because God probably would do a better job anyway.


Jeremiah 29:11

" 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' "

1 comment:

Karina Tinsley said...

That is the verse we used for Olivia's dedication. It's so awesome how God has it all planned out before we get there. So glad God didn't let us live the lives we thought we should live.