Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I went to kindergarten with a little girl named Allison. She had been diagnosed with Down Syndrome and she was one of my best friends. I remember going to her birthday party that year. Unfortunately we lost touch in the later grades because she repeated kindergarten while I moved ahead. When I was in high school she was in the life skills classroom and it always warmed my heart to see her at school.

Children with Down Syndrome are the same as everyone else- they have thoughts, feelings, and opinions. I believe children with Down Syndrome are a gift to us from God so that we may know more about who God is. I pray that He would bring more people such as Allison into my life so that I may know Him better through loving His people.

These stories are so beautiful, and I hope more people would see it. Pass it on!



No comments: