Saturday, August 23, 2008

Run-A-Muk


Today I ran my first race, a 10K, which was really exciting for me. It was the Run-A-Muk which is part of the Mukilteo Lighthouse Festival, check it out here. The race took me and maybe 150 other runners doing the 5 and 10K from the Rosehill Community Center north on 5th/Mukilteo Boulevard, to Harbourview Park (actually part of Everett) and back on the boulevard, through some neighborhoods and back to the community center. It was a fun race! In the last mile or so this lady passed me and I made it my goal to beat her to the finish line so I booked it to the end. It was a lot harder than my normal runs because I sprinted in the first half mile out of excitement and it wore me out. I am looking forward to doing more competitive runs and learning how to compete, not just run for fun and exercise.

I like living in a small town and getting involved in local events. I hope to run this race again for many years to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats amazing!! I am inspired by your abiltiy to have two young childern and find time to run!!

Addie said...

Awesome Addie, you rock my world.