Monday, June 09, 2008

Dramatic Play?

Today I needed to make mini egg salad sandwiches for a baby shower. Caley wanted to help but it was going to take a while for the eggs to boil, so she practiced with the lettuce on the counter. She cut it

put it in the bowl, added pretend mustard and mayo
and mixed it up.
Later she made a sandwich from the egg salad.
Yummy!

I love how everyday things turn into something fun and educational around here. In the preschool classroom that I worked in during grad school (and every other preschool class for that matter), there is a "dramatic play" area with pretend cups, spoons, etc. It takes a lot of planning and preparation to set the perfect scene. But I love how at home she just gets whatever is out and has a ball. I love watching her learn.

No comments: